As a Voluntary Aided Church of England Primary School we are not only inspected by OFSTED but also by SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools). Our close links with the school support team at the York Diocese ensures that we aim to meet their standards to ensure we are delivering an excellent curriculum which nourishes the spiritual and academic development of all our pupils.
The last National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools was carried out in 2016. Please use the link below to download a copy of the report.
Terrington is a rural parish in the Howardian Hill Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty about 14 miles north of York and 8 miles south west of Malton. The church is part of the Howardian Benefice and is one of five parishes joined together for some Services. The church is on the northern edge of the village of Terrington and looks out over the rolling Howardian Hills to the North Yorkshire Moors beyond. On the South and North and East of the church is the old Rectory and its grounds built by Rev Charles Hall in 1822 and now Terrington Hall Preparatory School.
All Saints Terrington is a grade one listed Medieval Church. The present buildings has its origins in the 11th Century evidenced by herringbone stone work characteristic of that time, in the South Aisle wall and also a lancet window. This window has a lintel made of recycled 8/9th Century gravemarker suggesting that there was an earlier church on the site.
Terrington C of E Primary School uses the Church regularly for Services and RE lessons. The children have also completed a project and raised money to provide the toys for the Church.
For more information, please click here.