We aim to develop resilient, independent, loving and caring individuals who have a sound awareness of the key principles of relationships, respect, careers, health and safety to prepare them for future life.
We wish to:
– develop pupils’ cultural capital by giving pupils the information they require to gain a knowledge of the wider world through awe and wonder experiences.
– create an understanding of a multicultural and diverse world in which we live.
– promote acceptance, respect and celebrate our differences.
– inspire awareness of local and wider communities to make positive changes to the world.
– embed how to keep safe
– foster British values and what it means to be British.
– Expand understandings of careers to prepare and inspire pupils.
– nurture positive relationships (including RSE).
– cultivate positive, healthy strategies for physical and mental wellbeing.
Here are some of the following things our school has done to enhance our PSHE curriculum:
Hear what our children have to say about PSHE:
‘’ We learn how to stay safe in and out of school, we learn to look after ourselves and the people who keep us safe, illegal/legal drugs and how to cope with bullying.’’ – Year 5 pupil
‘’ I like PSHE because it helps me for my future as I will know how to be safe.’’ – Year 3 pupil